Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day!


Today is Columbus Day. Beth told me that Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. That is when he left Spain (which is another country) and after 36 days of sailing they set foot in the Bahamas claiming it for Spain. She told me that Columbus had three ships that sailed back then and they were named The Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. He was on the Santa Maria. Then they went to Cuba and Haiti and the Santa Maria was shipwrecked in Haiti. Interesting.... I wonder if it still there....If I had a ship I would name it Fred. I like that name. Anyway, I thought it fitting that I put on my sailing hat for the occasion. What do you think? Beth said she thought I looked more like Blackbeard than Christopher Columbus. Funny....not! That is about all I remember that she told me. I really just wanted to wear my sailing hat.
It's snowing today and I like that. It's cold too! Like 28 degrees....just right!
I think I am going to go and look at myself in the mirror and pretend I am on my ship named Fred.

Later. Remington -- The Seaworthy Newf -- Ahoy, matie!

3 comments:

JacksDad said...

Fred is a good name for a boat. I would like to come help you and be your crew on Fred, but we may have to wait until we are older and get a boat license, cause I don't think our puppy license will let us drive a boat yet!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Hi Remington, what a great blog!!! I love all your pics!!! Hey guess what?!?! You have the same bday as my mom...she much older though!!! BOL!!! Looking forward to following you on all your adventures!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Remington,
You are a pup with many hats and the all look GREAT on you!!! Fred what a name for a boat...how did you come up with that. I agree with Jack you might want to hire a captain especially if you travel ocean blue. Sometimes ships have mice so I volunteer to be chief mouser.
Madi