Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life -- it's hard to understand sometimes....




























Being I am only a 6 month old puppy I have a hard time understanding everything that happens in life. I get confused and Beth tells me even though she is older than me, she too has trouble sometimes. She tries tell things in simple ways so I can try to understand but I still have trouble.... Anyway, we had this cat that was always out back. Beth has been feeding him for the past three years and even though she couldn't get close enough to pet him, she talked to him and he wouldn't run away from her. She called him Honey Dude. She loved to watch him and take care of him. She does stuff like that, you know. About three days ago Honey Dude brought another cat and three little babies with him. All were scared but Beth fed them and talked to them. She named the mama cat Liberty and the three babies she named -- the all black one, Frankie and the smooth black and orange one, Johnny and the fluffy orange and black one Sweet Jimmy. She names every thing! I put pictures of the family on here for you to see. Beth said she thought they must be Honey Dudes babies because of the orange and black. Sometimes with cats Beth said they can have different daddy's. That is just how it is with cats. Whatever that means. Then yesterday Beth and I went to Brainerd and about two blocks from our house there laid Honey Dude. He had been hit by a car. Beth was sad. She cried. She told me that God needed Honey Dude so He took him to heaven to be with Him. She said we can be sad because we won't see Honey Dude but God made sure Honey Dude brought the babies here so we would take care them. Funny how things happen. I will miss seeing Honey Dude everyday but I am happy that he is in a safe place.
Then last night while I was sleeping Beth came and got Mike up and said something was going on out back. Remember Mike's favorite skunk, Stinkae'? Well, the little guy died. An owl (I found a picture of one on google so you would know what I was talking about) attacked him and was eating him. Mike went out back this morning to see if he needed to clean anything up and he said all that was left was the intestines, no bones, fur or anything else. I don't know what intestines are but Mike took a shovel and cleaned it up. Beth said that is how God made wildlife and we have to accept that all things that happen may not seem right to us but that is how the circle of life works. There's a circle? I don't get it....
So today I am sad and confused. I try not to think about it. I am happy that I am here and that Beth and Mike take care of me! Life is just too complicated for me now....maybe when I get older I'll understand. I think I will go and find my ball and see if Beth wants to play. Later. Remington "The Confused Newfie....Out!

No comments: