Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Bird










It's raining out today. I like that. I get to get dried off with a big fluffy towel when I come in AND I get a treat! I wish it would rain all the time. Today has been fun. Mike and Beth went to church and I took a nap this morning and then Mike had to go to work for awhile and Beth and I played and cleaned. When Mike got home we went for a ride and then had supper. Now it's just nice to lay around and get my tummy rubbed and cuddle on the floor with Mike and Beth and watch tv. How do you like the pic of the big bird? No, it's not the Big Bird from Sesame Street....he's yellow. This is called a Bald Eagle. Isn't it cool? They are BIG! Beth took this pic on the way home from Duluth. She takes pictures of everything. Anyways, some days we sit in our front yard and watch the eagles hunt. It's fun to watch. They are very graceful. Then they will wrap their wings around themselves and go straight down -- they look like they are going to crash and then they start to fly again. It's neat. Beth told me they can live up to 30 years old! WOW! And their wingspan is up to 6 1/2 feet for boy ones and the girls are bigger they can have wingspans of up to 8 feet! That's a lot! AND they don't even get their white heads until they are 4 to 5 years old. Isn't that wierd? When they get married they are married for life! They lay two or three eggs once a year and they don't hatch for 35 days. That means when they come out of the eggs. That's what Beth said. Then the babies can't fly until they are 3 months old. Anyway that is what Beth told me. I like to learn new things. It's fun. Like I also learned that you shouldn't take the bags that you pick "boom, boom" up in and throw them all over the floor. I didn't know that -- so that was good to learn too! Learning is fun! Keeps me VERY busy. I hope I never stop learning. Well, time to cuddle some more. I need all the cuddling I can get from Mike. He's not here that much!

Remington "the cuddle bug" OUT!

No comments: