Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1, 2009


Happy October! As you can see Mike and Beth gave me a new toy. It's a pumpkin snake that squeaks. I really like it! I toss it all over and run with it!
Today is a special day! It's Dudley's birthday and Amy (Mike and Beth's daughter's) and Chris's 5th wedding anniversary. We won't get to see Amy and Chris today but it will be party time at our house for Dudley!

Dudley is 10 years old today. Beth told me how he came to live with her. She said that when she lived in Fargo, ND that she work with a place that takes animals that people hurt or don't take care of or that are lost and no one comes to take them home....EVER! Some society or something....any way someone had put 7 kittens that were only 5 weeks old in a box and shut it up and left it at the railroad tracks in the country. Someone found them and brought them to this place where Beth worked. They found homes for all of them but one....Beth said she thought this little guy would like it at their house and took him home. And he's been with them ever since.
Dudley is my bestest friend here. He likes to play with me and doesn't ever hit me with claws. Sometimes when I get a little out of hand Beth will say, "Just nail him, Dud!" (thanks, Beth) But he doesn't....when I calm down he just comes up and gives me a kiss. So I told Beth that I wanted to get him a really nice present. So we are going to go uptown so I can pick out something for him. We will have cake tonight and sing him Happy Birthday and give him his presents! I also start school tonight, so he will get to play with his presents alone while I'm gone. But I am sure he won't mind. He will probably want a nap after all the excitement!
I better go and get ready to go shopping. I love to give presents! It makes people smile and I like that!
Later. Remington -- the "little brother" -- out!

4 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Remington,
You are looking quite dapper in your Halloween attire. Orange suits you.

Mr. Dudley Happy 10th birthday!!! What a joyous ending to your story of how you came to live with Beth and Mike!!! Life is good you have good peeps and a great big soft puppy to love.
Madi and Mom

My Mind's Eye said...

PS.....Happy Anniversary to Amy and Chris too...lots to celebrate today.
Madi and Mom

My Mind's Eye said...

Friday,
Hi Remington how was your first training class?
I bet you were the star pupil.
You all have a good weekend
Madi and Mom

JacksDad said...

Remington is getting more handsome every day - wonderful pictures! AND he has a kitty for a friend. That is very nice of him too!